Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Simile Sensation

Life is like that moment when you reach the side of the swimming pool, and jump. You know that you will sink deep into the water, but each time your body slips through the silky surface, you experience something new. It’s always unexpected, and when you jump and pose in different ways, you get a different reaction from the water. You will be surprised how unexpected life can be!
One normal day years ago, I went to my friend Cami’s house. At her house it was me, her, and my other friend Marie all hanging out. We got bored, so Cami whipped open that refrigerator door. She offered me some Sprite (BAD mistake) and I was soon drinking the Sprite by the bottle!
Now since all of us were bouncing off walls, we all decided that it would be way fun to make a movie. Cami and I were the main characters, and my friend Marie was the narrator person named Jenine Welker (she was pretending to have an English accent though, so Welker sounded like Welkuh) and we pressed the button to start recording.
In the middle of our “movie” we had a commercial. I was the commercial person selling Sprite, but we called it S.P.R.I.T.E. We practiced the commercial a billion times (in which I get to DRINK the S.P.R.I.T.E.) and so I was having even more Sprite!
The movie was finally complete. We all slammed our bodies down against the soft couch. Marie was in the middle holding the camera, with me on one side holding my precious Sprite, and Cami on the other side. Marie pressed the “play” button, and our movie began.
“Hi. I’m Jenine Welker.” Marie started in her “English” accent.
Right then I had a memory come back to my head. I was watching a show on TV and there was this girl they called Helka the Hulka (LONG story) and Welker, the way Marie pronounced it in her accent sounded like Helka! I started laughing VERY hard.
Unfortunately for me, I was taking down a gulp of Sprite right as I started my burst of laughter. Now you’d think it would come out my nose… that’s what I thought. Boy was I wrong!
All of a sudden I couldn’t breathe. I seriously thought I was going to die! After what felt like forever, I finally threw up! It went all over me, and Cami and Marie were watching in horror! I ran to the bathroom when I could spare a second. Marie was holding the camera, and the first thing Cami asked was, “Did you get that on film?”
Marie didn’t get it on film, and after she said that Cami ran to help me. The whole process of me not breathing and then throwing up probably took a total of thirty seconds, but it felt like thirty MINUTES.
I changed into some of Cami’s clothes (mine were ruined…) and we went on to watching the film. This time though I didn’t have Sprite in my hand.
A little while later, my mom walked over to come get me. I said goodbye to my two good friends, and left Cami’s house.
That moment was so memorable. It happened years ago but Cami, Marie, and I all remember it like it was yesterday! I walked into Cami’s house that night with no intention of throwing up all over myself, but like I said, you will be surprised at how unexpected life can be.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda! You are such a great writer I wish I could write like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog you have some funny pictures!!!

    From: Andrew Saltzman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyable! What a sense of humor.

    Ms. L

    ReplyDelete