Dear Journal,
I just found this journal, and I haven’t written in it since I was 14, so I decided that maybe I should update you on what’s happened in my life.
I am now twenty four years old and expecting my second child. I got married to my husband Matt Allen in the Salt Lake Temple in 2017 when I was twenty one years old, and I had my first child, Wyatt a year later. This is my life now, but let me tell you about my college years.
I got an academic scholarship to Dixie State and got my degree in interior design. That’s where I met Matt…
Matt was in the apartment across the hall from me. I had a few roommates, Chelsea and Liana. We all met him, and they told me that I just had to talk to him. I was such a chicken, but one day I ran into him in the hall where he asked me out! I said yes and we started dating. Our first date was a group date with him, me, Liana, Chelsea, and his two roommates Daniel and Blake. It was a great date! We went bowling and had some pizza.
After that first date we began to date a little more frequently and we talked a lot in the halls and got to know each other! After us dating for three months, he proposed. The ring was exactly what I wanted too! White gold with a medium sized square diamond, with one smaller square diamond to each side. It was perfect! He proposed to me in June, and we decided to get married in September. My colors were red, orange, chocolate brown, and a forest green.
A year after we got married, I had Wyatt. He is my pride and joy! He is two years old and is getting into that “trouble-maker” stage… I only hope I can live through it! Now I’m excited to be having another baby… and we figured out yesterday that my baby will be a girl! I’ve just started planning how I’m going to do her bedroom… I DID graduate with an interior designing degree! I’m thinking either lavender or a baby yellow but I’m not sure yet. Wyatt’s room is a baby green color with white furniture and cute little pictures and decorations everywhere.
I used to flip houses and work for clients who wanted their houses to be designed, but after I had Wyatt I decided that my only job should be to be a mother. Matt is one year away from graduating from dental school and then he already has a job lined up at Shimmer Shine Dental Co. so I’m hoping everything works out!
Do you remember how I would write about a bunch of my friends when I was a teenager? Well I’m still in touch with all of them! Well… it’s an off and on thing, but the off is usually short and the on is longer. All of my friends are doing well, and they are all married except for Carrie, who is getting married next month!
I live in St. George, since I graduated from Dixie State which is located in St. George, and that’s a little hard because I’m a five hour drive away from my parents, but even though we’re pretty far away you’d be surprised how often we see each other! We get together every Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, and they come down every other year in the summer and might start coming every year for Wyatt’s birthday. It doesn’t seem like a lot but it is since we live pretty far away, and plus Matt and I e-mail and phone my parents and his parents frequently.
Well, it’s been great writing again! But I’ve got to go; Wyatt just woke up from his nap.






Amanda you will totally live this life.. no doubts!! I love how both of our husbands were Matt, great minds think alike! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful life! I wouldn't be surprised if it all came true. :)
ReplyDeleteMs. L