Monday, November 3, 2008

Ode to Elder Lundy




Yesterday it actually hit me that on December 10... my brother Alex (AKA: Lundy) would leave to Canada to serve an LDS mission. Guess what that means? No more random conversations, no more EFY stories, no more video games being played, no more getting tickle tortured, no more hearing about ultimate frisbee, no more having all of the milk being gone in 3 days, just letters and an empty bedroom.
I've had to go through this once before with my brother Mark... and I don't think I can bear going through it again. Those two years seemed so much longer and so much harder than it should be. Now I know that the day my brother leaves, I will run to my room, grab the hoodie he gave me, and cry for hours. The house will seem so... empty. He won't even be there to wish me luck on my first EFY trip.
But no matter how much I cry, I know that he is doing the right thing, and that someone is waiting for him to be there. We may not know who right now, but I know there is someone there who needs him. His letters I will cherish forever, keeping with me and reading them when I wake up in the middle of the night crying for the loneliness without Lundy there. But I'm wishing him luck, and hoping that the 2 years won't last for too long.
So on December 10, that mean Edmonton Canada will be taking my brother away. I will be counting the years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds until I get to see him again. Here's to my brother... this is an ode to Elder Lundy.

FYI: in case you couldn't figure it out... these are pictures of my favorite soon-to-be missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment