We all agree- Jr. High is about change. Cliques. Jealousy. Self-worth. Knowledge. And Growth. Well for my English class I had to write a poem and infuse it with Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech, and also with quotes from the book "To Kill a Mockingbird". I kind of did mine on Jr. high... here it is!
I have always had a dream of a world where
no one would change
Good may come of evil, but no evil come of good
You'll simply have to accept things the way they are
School halls get choked up with teenagers
as the bell rings
All strive to be the envy of the other
In... gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds
So we go on living our lives
Watching change swallow these mockingbirds
wishing we could do something but
We cannot turn back
Right and left the cliques welcome new victims
transforming someone into something they
thought they would never become
You saw them for yourselves
We laugh in front of friends
but we howl like wolves at night
Missing the friends we used to have
You rarely win
We go on, live, be free
and not be dragged behind by tears
but the dream of love still lives in my heart, yes
I have a dream today
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Don't every doubt it: this poem is amazing. It totally explains what most of us go through in Jr. High school. love ya until the earth runs out mandy! (it never does. . .)
ReplyDeleteThats amazing Mandy! I wish I could write like that!!!! :O Way to go! :D
ReplyDelete~Meg(: