Saturday, October 25, 2008

Before you know it...

I was shocked recently when I learned that one of my good friends Kirsten got her driving permit! Just yesterday I saw her at the wheel of the car and I had to look twice and think to myself, Is that really her? Is she really driving already? It was so crazy to see her actually driving! I was getting picked up by my uncle to go babysit when I saw this, and so he saw it too! He told me that I'd be driving before I knew it.
Sometimes it's scary how much we grow up. We grow up every single day. When we watch movies of parents crying when their kids are all grown up and we laugh... that's probably how we'll be! It almost seems like yesterday I was dying to get to the "big kid's playground" in elementary school, and today I am waiting for Christmas break to come in the middle of my 8th grade year. Before you know it, you'll be grown up; you'll be working; you'll be stressing over college or the new house you just bought. Before you know it, everything will change; YOU'LL change; and you'll watch your friends change.
Having those "before you know it" moments can be good or bad, but what makes it better is that moment when you have that "after it's happened" moment where you take time and think of how much you've progressed. After all, before you know it you could achieve so much more than you think you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment